Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
2019 SCCPA Board Retreat & Membership Meeting
2019 SCCPA Retreat & Membership Meeting
January 19, 2019
9:00 am Board Meeting
12:00 noon Committee Chairs
2:00 pm Membership Meeting
The Boathouse at Shoreline Lake
3160 N Shoreline Blvd, Mountain View 94043
From our 2019 President, Jorge Wong, Ph.D.:
It is my great honor to serve as the 2019 President of the Santa Clara County Psychological Association following the footsteps of so many inspiring leaders. In this coming year, I hope to inspire SCCPA members at all levels of their professional development to become involved in:
- Integrating psychological practices into the local educational and professional arenas.
- Inviting SCCPA members to be more involved with our local academic programs and future psychologists in training as to the possibilities and honor of becoming a psychologist.
- Inviting SCCPA members to reach out, liaise and become a resource to local practicing psychologists and psychological service organizations.
- Integrating psychological science and expertise into public policy and advocacy.
- Developing and establishing relationships with our city, county, state and federal legislators.
- Be the go-to psychological science and expert resource for policy makers.
- Integrating psychological science and practice framework into social justice.
- Bringing psychological perspectives to current social issues facing our multicultural communities.
- Developing and advancing SCCPA Social Justice Committee goals
All SCCPA members are welcome to come and give your input into all things SCCPA at 2pm. Please register.
Saturday, January 19, 2019, 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM
Annette Taylor, Administrator